According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), from Memorial Day to Labor Day there is a 15 percent increase in fatal accidents, which is a result of increased traffic on the roadways. In addition, the use of alcohol, distracted driving, and driver inexperience is a contributing factor in the majority of these fatal crashes.
According to the NHTSA, here are some tips to prevent accidents:
- Don’t use your cell phone while operating a vehicle;
- Avoid playing with the radio or GPS;
- Avoid putting on makeup or doing your hair;
- Don’t eat while driving;
- Don’t smoke cigarettes while driving;
- Pay attention to the road;
- Don’t drive with headphones in your ears;
- Don’t drive while tired;
- Don’t speed;
- Don’t be aggressive behind the wheel;
- Adhere to traffic signs and signals;
- Don’t tailgate or drive erratically;
- Do not drive a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Driving under the influence is a choice that too many individuals decide to make, which may tragically end in the death of others. Driving under the influence is one of the leading causes of fatal auto accidents in the United States. If you plan on drinking, it is best to get a ride from a loved one or use a ride-share service, such as Uber, Lyft, or Via.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile accident, you may be entitled to compensation. It is important to contact an experienced New Jersey automobile accident attorney that will fight for the justice you and your family deserve. The attorneys at Rinaldo Law Group are skilled personal injury lawyers, who will fight for the compensation you and your family are entitled to receive. Please contact us today at 908-352-2500 to schedule a free initial consultation.